Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Very Merry Unbirthday

Today is my birthday.

It doesn't really feel like it, though. I didn't get any birthday cards and have no presents to unwrap. Howie got me something that was "too big to wrap". I don't know what it is yet. And it's been in the low 70s all day so it feels more like fall than July. We went to a few garage sales and I got some cool knitting books super cheap.

On the plus side, I signed up for the Knitting Guild of America's Master Handknitting course. That was my present from my ma. I've been super excited about it for months. It takes 4-6 weeks to get my stuff for it, though. AHH!!! I can't wait! I should have ordered it 4-6 weeks ago so it would get here on my birthday and I'd at least have something to open. Howie and I are going to go out to eat tonight. At first I wanted to go somewhere fancy but now I'm thinking I'll go to Red Robin just so the waiters will sing Happy Birthday to me. That and the bottomless fries. That won't make me bottomless, unfortunately.

Last night I made bread from scratch and today I'm feeling it. Those chicks back in the day must have been buff. My shoulders and abs hurt. Kneading dough is hard. I'm glad Howie got a bread machine at a garage sale. We're going to try making all our own bread and see if it saves us any money. I eat a ridiculous amount of bread.

I spent most of today making myself a birthday present. It's a little mini-scarf neckwarmer from the handspun I made. I'm super happy with how it's coming out. I can't wait to get buttons for it!



Howie just got home with my present. He wrapped it and all I saw were the little legs sticking out the bottom. Yay!!

It's the sewing table I saw at Goodwill and really, really wanted until they told me it was $50. I've been looking for one for a while and this one is so pretty and awesome.

Check out the drawers inside. That's what I really fell in love with.

Yay! Now I have a nice spot for my Pfaff and I can finally finish the chair covers in the kitchen. I dunno though, I was getting kind of used to having stuffing falling out all over the floor...

No comments:

Post a Comment