Thursday, July 23, 2009

Knitting!

For my birthday I told my mom I wanted to take The Master Knitting Program offered by the Knitting Guild of America. There are three levels and when you finish all three you are proclaimed a Master Knitter! I signed up on my birthday and just got the packet in the mail the other day. I'm ridiculously excited about it. I went out today to get a fun, happy binder to put it in and some plain light yarn for the swatches I have to make.

Of course, while at the yarn shop, I had to pick up some baby alpaca from the 60% off wall for a sweater and some other yarny goodness. And then off to JoAnns Fabrics to get some buttons and wouldn't ya know it, buttons were on sale too! Like my mama always says "Never pay full price!"

I finished another project with my handpainted, handspun yarn. This time it's the Seafoam colorway. I'm also putting the finishing touches on my first cardigan (pictures as soon as it's done).

Complete with a happy, new button:



Another interesting thing happened recently in my little knitting world. I was asked to have one of my projects featured on a knitting site: America's Knitting . Check it out! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment