Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Milk Days 2010!

This past weekend was Milk Days, Illinois's longest running festival. I've been going for the past 20 years and if you've never been, you're missing out! It's held the first weekend in June (Friday-Sunday). This year I did the abbreviated version and only celebrated on Saturday, but my-oh-my! was it a full day!

I kicked it off by running the 10k at 8am (keep in mind I haven't run at ALL this summer). I definitely didn't win any awards, but the girls did. They ran in the kids' 50m dash. Isabelle won 2nd place...


And Olivia won 3rd!


After that it was time to eat! I had pasta salad, all sorts of fruits and veggies and crackers. Yum!


My dad kicked back with a Guinness after doing the 10k.


Then it was time for the parade.


Isabelle met Batman and a really tall guy.


They scored lots of candy!


They even shared some with me.


After that we watched a movie (I fell asleep) and then it was time for the nightlife!

It started off pretty slowly, but once the karaoke started it got AWESOME!

And Emily and I looked pretty fabulous!

There was lots of beer...

And dancing...

Even with random drunk strangers...

After hitting up every bar in town, 2 a.m. rolled around and it was time to wrap things up. Nathaniel crushed cans in his sadness that Milk Days was coming to an end.

But don't worry, there's always next year!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a super awesome time! I like kareoke and dancing and REALLY WIDE EYED pictures of myself...

    ReplyDelete