Thursday, June 3, 2010

Hodge Podge of Early Summer

I have been a bad blogger lately! This is going to be a little bit of a hodge podge of things from the past few months, but I promise to be more timely after this.

First off, we have my lovely swap package I received back in March. It was a cooking related swap and I got an awesome vegan cookbook, some local tea and jam, a pretty flower pin and sky blue yarn.
Next was Earth Day! I celebrated with my friend and the girls I used to babysit. We went to the park to enjoy nature and brought along our "Bag-O-Fun!": kites, chalk, bubbles, frisbees, everything necessary for a fun day in the sun. And a bag of jelly beans to fuel us! Weeeee!

We made chalk pictures of Earth and left some eco-oriented graffiti.
I taught my mom's cat how to walk on a leash. Mr. Scruffs loves his walkies!
Here is a picture of the garden path:
My dad replaced the tiles on the screened porch and ma got a new table, which the kitties love. My dad took off half his fingernail putting the floor down, but I won't put up a picture of that.
My dad knows a lady who raises alpacas and they have all this yarn piling up. They offered to pay me to knit things for them. I chose payment in yarn. The more I knit, the more I get! Here is a hat I made in a day.



Fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment